What do you think happens when the soul of a clown and the soul of a poet live together in one human being? Do they live in harmony? Well, while they don’t necessarily fight each other, they wage their own internal wars in opposite corners.

Having that duality within one man, it is a double whammy, folks. Most people wear some sort of mask on a daily basis. That is why when someone asks us “how are you?”, we automatically come back with something like “Fine, and you?”. We don’t really want to share how we feel and we don’t want to know how the other person is doing. That’s OK, though, the person who asked us the question in the first place doesn’t really want to know either.

Well, imagine two masks on one man: words dripping with alcohol and tears buried in laughter. Here it is: the beast that is me.

In this blog, I will share thoughts on my life, on the movies I love, on the music I appreciate and on many other things. Some of it will be in English and some in French, all depending on how the thoughts organize themselves in my head at that specific moment. There will be a little bit of everything. My sense of humour might shock some, so let all of you be forewarned. This is my space and it will fit my reality. If you get offended easily, you might want to look elsewhere.

Having said all of this now, all that is left to do is to officially welcome you to the blog of the clowning poet. Hope you enjoy your visits into my universe.

mercredi 5 mai 2010

The big picture

Last weekend, my wife and I went to Bangor to pick up my parents at the airport. They were flying back from Florida. We decided to make a little vacation out of it to go shopping and to enjoy the good restaurants over there. The duty free booze on the way back seemed like a good plan also. As I said, there was some shopping involved in the deal. I found some CD’s and DVD’s, and my wife found some clothes.

That being said, let’s move on the to the main subject of this particular entry in my blog.

While my wife was trying on a dress in this one particular store, I was standing around waiting in the area reserved for trying on clothes. Had I only known the horrors waiting for me in that section of the store, I would have kept away. Unfortunately, I was ill-informed and, thus, was subjected to an absolute atrocity.

You see, right there, there was a huge sectional mirror that would permit you to get a full view of yourself, front and back. Had I been properly briefed about the whole thing, I would have looked away. But, NO! I looked deep into the eyes of pure ugliness. I saw everything. My fat ass, my inflated forms, the back of my head and my increasing baldness. Sweet mother of God, it’s a good thing I was not naked.

At that particular moment, though, I wasn’t really feeling sorry for myself. To be honest, I felt bad for my wife. How can such a beautiful and smart woman have such poor tastes? Well, to be fair, I have changed quite a bit since I met her 11 years ago. I have gained over 100 lbs. That made me wonder what she would do if she met me for the first time today, looking like this. Would she fall in love with me? Would she even be attracted to me? God forbid, I’m not even attracted to myself right now. I barely feel like sharing a bed with myself now, so forget about touching myself.

This experience has made more resolute about losing a lot of weight. In the meantime, I take comfort in my sweet wife’s multiple kind words about me and in the looks of love she lays upon this broken ship. She may have weird tastes, in my mind, but she really seems to love me, and that is all that matters. I have to count my blessings. After all, looking like I do, one would think I would have to pay to get the affection of a woman. And one thing is for sure, she’s not with me for my money...

4 commentaires:

Zuuuu a dit…

Je te l'ai déjà dit, ta femme t'aime à 100%, ya pas de fake là-dedans.

Et je te le répète, essaie de te voir comme elle te voit. Ça aide les jours où on sent qu'on n'atteindra pas notre objectif.

Tu vas y arriver, j'ai confiance en toi. :)

/ti-coup d'pied dans l'Q pour t'aider... hihi ;)

xx

Marc a dit…

Merci Zu :) Oh, je sais que l'amour de ma femme est sincère, je n'ai jamais douté de ça. CJe le sens chaque jour.

C'est ma façon de me voir moi-même qui est déficiente en fait. Mais, bon, ça ne se règlera pas en un jour.

Merci pour les encouragements
xxx

Nancy a dit…

Well moi j'suis pas ta femme, et j'espere qu'elle ne me botteras pas le cul pour le dire, mais je trouve que tu es beau comme un coeur :)

Je suis super fiere de toi tu sais. Et tu m'as inspire a me botter le cul pour re-maigrir le poids que j'ai repris. 12lbs down, a zillion to go!! hehe.

Marc a dit…

Merci pour les bons mots, Nancy, c'est gentil :) C'est un long combat, mais je suis confiant que tu vas réussir toi aussi.

Et je ne pense pas que ma femme soit jalouse au point de vouloir te botter le cul pour un compliment ;P Quoique j'ai toujours rêver de voir deux femmes se battre pour moi. Je vais préparer du Jell-o au cas! LOL